HOW TO SPOIL MOTHERS ON MOTHER’S DAY
Our mothers took care of us for most of our pre-married life, maybe also thereafter. It is the nature of mothers to nurture, feed and care. This coming Mother’s Day offers an opportunity to fathers and siblings to show mothers how much they are appreciated. Remember, grandmothers and mothers-in-law also deserve our appreciation.
Herewith some pointers on how to make her day special:
- Firstly, consider her mobility, her interests, your budget, and plan accordingly.
- If you live far apart, a phone or zoom-call is not negotiable. To surprise her, arrange for a special gift to be delivered to her door soon after you have put the phone down.
- If she lives in your area, plan a beautiful trip, for instance:
- Visit the most beautiful spots in your district.
- Spoil her with a superb meal (la Colombe or The Test Kitchen if affordable, book beforehand) or her favourite restaurant.
- Take her for serious pampering at a spa.
- High tea at The Mount Nelson or The One-and-Only Hotel.
- Take her shopping at her favourite Mall, or to an antique market.
- Pick up her best friend and take them to a movie, or a ride on the Big Wheel at the Waterfront.
- Visit a Museum or Art Gallery or a personalized tour of The Prins & Prins Gem and Jewellery Museum and a glass of sparkly in our Indoor Garden (tel: 021 422 1090)
- Pack a picnic basket or order one and have lunch somewhere along Chapman’s Peak Drive, Kommetjie, or CampsBay Beach.
- Go and share a yoga class.
- Stream an online concert or take her for a live performance at a nice venue.
- Help her re-organise her home, then bake a cake together.
- Have your old Super8 home movies transferred to a memory stick and give her a home movie of memories.
4. If she appreciates presents, herewith a few suggestions:
- A Gift basket with a number of her favourite small items beautifully wrapped – watch her joy in unwrapping each.
- Have her favourite flowers delivered to her home with a personalized card from you.
- Pearls or a gold pendant from Prins & Prins, or small diamonds studs if in your budget.