Perfection is our passion.
You are invited to browse through our showrooms where a wide range of beautiful diamond and coloured gemstone jewellery is on display. Experienced consultants will offer advice and you can compare the quality and price of loose diamonds in our gem lab, even see your diamond through the microscope.
We are able to accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and UnionPay cards.
Consultation rooms are private, spacious and offer a luxurious environment for our clients to view jewellery and unset gems. Prins & Prins has a vast collection of loose diamonds and coloured gemstones which prospective buyers can look at while our experts explain the quality and cost of each gem.
Jewellery Design Studio
Should you have a design in mind, or wish to have a design sketched just for you, our consultants can assist to have your dream jewellery created at the low prices for which Prins and Prins is known. Designs and quotations can be offered to you during a consultation.
Contact us for more information.
Aurum Art- Goldsmith Atelier
Our team of qualified goldsmiths has created the jewels housed in our showroom as well as thousands of masterpieces worn clients across the world.
- Hand-made Jewellery: Prins and Prins is one of the few jewellers with an in-house goldsmith atelier where fine handcrafted jewellery is still made. Our team of talented goldsmiths are on hand to offer technical advice on custom designs, alter ring sizes while you wait, and create magnificent masterpieces. Maybe you want to use your grandmother’s gold and diamonds to create a beautiful new ring – just ask.
- Jewellery repair and Pearl re-stringing: The repair of old and antique jewellery requires the skill of master craftsmen. Resizing a ring may require much more than ‘stretching’ the band. Regular re-stringing of pearls will save you embarrassment when the string breaks at a function. Most importantly, your insurance policy is valid only if you keep your jewellery in good order, i.e. checked by a professional for worn claws, etc.
Contact us to find out more or to book an appointment.
Today, synthetic diamonds and coloured gemstones are readily available and very few jewellers have the expertise and equipment to identify these man-made gems. Furthermore, the colour and clarity of diamonds and gemstones can be improved by modern techniques. Gemmologist at Prins & Prins have the experience and equipment to identify these man-made gems, thus ensuring the diamonds and gemstones we sell are of natural origin. We offer:
- Diamond and Gemstone identification and grading: Our qualified gemmologists will identify and grade your diamonds and gemstones and provide an approximate value. If required, they will issue a professional gemmological grading report for your diamonds and precious gemstones.
- Insurance Valuations and Replacement: It is important to have a professional report that correctly describes and values your jewellery – because, your insurer will use this document to replace items in case of loss.
PLEASE NOTE: The value of jewellery is constantly changing as the price of diamonds, gold and platinum fluctuates. In SA, the Rand/Dollar rate further affects these values and we recommend you update your insurance valuations every 3 years.
Contact us to find out more or to book an appointment.
Trade-in and Brokerage Service
We are one of the few jewellers with a second-hand permit which allows us to buy-in diamonds and precious metal jewellery from the public. We offer a brokerage service and will try to find a buyer for your jewellery. Your old gold items can be used as a trade-in towards the cost of making a new item.
- Huguenot House: Magnificently decorated during the later 18th century by Dutch artists, its original wall murals reflect a time of elegance and grace in the heart of “old Cape Town”. Described as one of Cape Town’s hidden treasures, visitors are treated to a free tour of this beautiful 1752 building.
- Museum and Goldsmith’s tour: See our goldsmiths create exquisite items from precious metals using age-old tools and techniques. Then visit the Prins & Prins Museum of Gems and Jewellery.
Safe and Fully Insured Delivery
Deliveries within South Africa: Your jewellery can be delivered to you within 24-36 hours of purchase. Deliveries and safe and are fully insured by us. Your consultant will confirm all delivery details by email and supply you with your tracking number. Order your jewellery from the comfort of your own home, and have it delivered to your home or place of work via safe hand-to-hand delivery.
Deliveries outside of South Africa: We can ship your jewellery or loose diamond or gemstone order to you via Fedex, Malca-Amit or Brinks. There is no South African VAT charged on orders for export. Taxes and duties are charged by Customs in the country of your delivery, and determined by the laws of your importing country, and are liable for payment by the client. Shipping takes from 3-8 working days. Your consultant will supply you with a quote according to your delivery address and the value of your shipment.
Have Questions About Our Services? How Can We Help You?
Get expert advice…
Dr Petre Prins, author of Gems and Jewellery: The South African Handbook, and The Handbook for Goldsmiths, offers his sought after advice on selecting your diamond. Prins and Prins employs 3 qualified gemmologists and has been one of Cape Town’s leading diamond merchants for 40 years.
To view a free chapter of Dr Prins’ book please click here