POST-COVID, THE SUSTAINABILITY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL BE OF PRIME IMPORTANCE.
When buying a luxury item or something as meaningful as diamond jewellery, the post-Covid consumer requires transparency on the origin and nature of their purchase, is sensitive to its carbon footprint and the ethics that underlie the production processes. We realise that unsustainable businesses cannot last – they attract bad faith that cannot be white-washed.
With this in mind, Prins and Prins has formulated an operational policy that focuses on people, the environment and sustainability:
- We sell only conflict-free gems, and our suppliers are ethically screened.
- We are licensed to buy and recycle old gold and diamonds, and our workshop is BEE compliant.
- We re-design unsold items and recycle precious metals from stock.
- We sell pre-owned jewellery from the past.
- We operate from a heritage building with a flat roof for solar panels and walls so thick we rarely need air conditioning.
- Our workshop and showrooms are energy sufficient, and we have reduced our ample operating space. We even print on both sides and recycle whatever we can.
- We comply with regulations in waste management, pollution, energy efficiency and labour responsibility.